Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This week's update...

HOUSTON...WE HAVE A BAND!!
We've booked a band for the BIG DAY! Check out Bobby & the Aristocats. They played a friend's wedding last spring and were a LOT of fun.

MONEY TALKS
The anxiety is over, at least for now. Jason and I both had positive conversations with our folks and with each other about how much we can afford for a wedding. That's a relief after hearing so many horror stories from previous brides. It definitely eases my mind about some things. The best advice to future aisle-walkers...go in prepared. Build your budget and figure out what you can afford on your own. Going in with a plan and line item estimates is so much better than asking for thousands of dollars on a hunch!

BRIDE-TO-BE IN NYC
We spent Valentine's weekend in New York City to attend my college pal's wedding celebration. What a place to spend Valentine's as newly engaged!! It was great. On Saturday, I even went to try on a few dresses at a designer's salon. When I made the appointment, the designer herself emailed me back. Thank you Coren Moore! I don't see Vera or Carolina or Priscilla answering their own emails!!!

Will one of the NYC dresses be "the one"???? You'll find out in August.

SIGNED SEALED DELIVERED
Well, the date is official now. We've sent the deposit for the reception venue. Wow, it's all so real!!

No comments:

Post a Comment